Monday, January 19, 2009

lonesome? I think NOT!

Yesterday I went to the library (and then starbucks after it closed at 5 o clock) by myself. No other people. Just me and my Ipod, and the ever present cell phone. It was so nice being somewhere with people, but by yourself. It's as good as "alone time", because no one knows you, and in a way, you are alone... you're just surrounded by people that really don't care about you. I felt noticeable, but invisible, and it was very freeing. Librar. To free. En espanol. Es una lengua (also a word for tounge) muy divertido cuando tu tienes un "cheat sheet". Sorry. I've been studying to much.
To continue with my alone rant, I also am giving up facebook until next sunday, so I will not be distracted when I should really be doing something constructive. Another way to seperate myself from the world. Too many people today think that staying home on a friday night is a waste of time and "social sucide". Well I say it's time well spent focusing on what you need to do! Baha! Take that society!!
Also over this weekend, I have learned that I study better when I am not in my house/my room, because my brain confuses studying time with relaxing time just because I'm in raggedy pajama pants listening to Jack Johnson, when really I'm trying to focus. Ah. Silly brain. WORK WITH ME HERE.
All in all, here are some stellar studying tips that may work for you if you are lazy/slightly anal-retentive:
1. Go out somewhere by yourself! If you went out just to study, you will feel commited to do so. Plus, you probably look like a fool when you tune out anyways, so thats even more motivation to stay focused.
2. Take breaks! Every two hours or so, log onto blogland or something equally as brain frying and hang loose so you are more efficient in your next studying stretch.
3. Drink coffee! Not only is it delicious, but it keeps you awake and attentive. But maybe it makes you a little hyper if you are like me... so use with caution.

1 comment:

  1. "You can't join the mathletes! That's social suicide!"

    I know. I hung out at Johnny's at the College today waiting for my mom to be done with work, and I got so much done! Along with LOTS of texting. LOTS.

    ReplyDelete