Sunday, October 2, 2011

someone like you.

shrouded in darkness
cover these words with a black veil; unpure
my broken bones will drag themselves to a city on the sea where no one know me,
no one knows you
starting over with everyone, with myself
leaving my lost loves and sallow ambitions, colored by excuses and fears
my stomach is full of disappointment, mean words, and salt
salt stings the eyes, my drowning mouth, my yellow teeth, stringy hair
my complexion screams my wellbeing; disgusting
i am no one, if anything
second guessing everything i used to pride myself on, for nothing is left to love
i will cut all the ties, open all the scars, leaving my life on the chopping block, waiting for surgery to inevitably sear what is whole
burns in the oven



i often wonder if anyone really knows me at all






including myself

No comments:

Post a Comment