Friday, July 16, 2010

human of the year.

hiding from you was the most ridiculous thought of my day
loving someone forever came second
humanity is nothing but feeling
the rest is loss or peace
serenity
a bore
a beautiful goddamn bore and i wish it was me
closing my eyes and picturing me singing my soul raw
until it hurt to hear me

to be me.
and i write for me
not to inspire
to understand
to think about what understand really means
because i've done a hell of a lot of thinking
and it gets you nowhere
no conclusions
and pain never gets old
you simply learn to live with it

lifting my chin
like lifting my eyes to the sky that i love
and the girl you confuse me with
dream girl
not me
cynical
harsh
and forgettable me
defining myself in struggle
not in peace
when i don't think
the world is healthier that way
with or without a bandage

a damn bandage over my stupid flawed eyes
on my stupid scarred face
on my stupid lost brain



i am anger tied together with a string
a string pulling me around
as i watch the trees go past
and the occasional wanderer who meets my doubting hurting eyes
and i wonder if they know.
the part that still thinks i can be something says yes




... cynical harsh forgettable me says close those goddamn eyes






laughing with.






who?

2 comments: