Sunday, July 11, 2010

a briefcase of spiders.

left alone on the dance floor
my stomach tied up with a string, constantly pulling to where you are
knowing the imminent goodbye
learning you've been thinking too
telling me i can
holding me as i cry a silent tear or two that you may not have seen
that damn red hair
sitting on a beach
feeling that same pull
somewhere between yes and no
swimming out
finding it harder to swim back
because this is my future
and i don't know
there is no a, b, c
sure as hell no 1, 2, 3
just you
and maybe me
together?
or never.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. : )
    normally I'd be all for "ditch the dude and live a life of fabulous independence and feministic values that are as offensive as possible." BUT.
    if it's this hard, maybe it isn't time to let go yet.
    don't feel like you have to end things before you're ready.

    when the time comes, you'll know.
    hang in there.

    ReplyDelete