Tuesday, June 1, 2010

it has not filled me.

lying on the floor with hair spread around me
curled like a baby
crying like a girl
makeup smeared like a woman

everything i say will be belittled and made okay
is there anything to be done?
no
so i lie there
changing only to relieve my curved back
or rub off a tear that has found its way into my ear

i remember the feeling of goo on my feet
and love on my chest
then a night without a love to say sleep tight my darling

because i knew when driving that life would not be normal
it would not be family
or security
it would be balance

telling it like it is
driving home without music
taking the long way for the long way's sake
and realizing i have been milked dry

hallelujah
hallelujah

1 comment:

  1. this is sad. not in the "pathetic" way but in the mournful, empty way.

    ReplyDelete