Saturday, January 9, 2010

another little collection of poems [sun].

rotation.
if i could rotate myself around the sun.
if i could ask the world to move a little strangely to where you are.
if i could gravitate the stars to make a map to where you are.
if we could be two islands in the same sea, i would swim to your shore.
we're both under the same sky,
why not meet there,
way up high?
there was hope behind your eyes...
and some fear
in disguise.
if i could rotate myself around the sun.

my catcher.
somewhere, lost in your translation,
my true meaning transcends.
beyond your labels and own insecurities,
i fly to a brighter tomorrow,
where the sun is my baseball
and hope my own bat.
sick of boxes, crates, and barrels,
i reward myself with true appraisal
of the ones who love behind the smile.
eyes go small when teeth are too white--
so i squint at the sky,
waiting for light.

my catcher [2].
for loving the light,
i became sick of it's reflection.
part of it,
anyway.
those who see the dark
that colors my eyes
and fills in the dots
on my skin
didn't like it either.
so i folded it all
and put it in a drawer.
i guess i'm saving it
for a rainy day.


*i'm not particularly proud of these... but it was interesting how three days in a row, i wrote about light in my journal. hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment