Thursday, June 4, 2009

roses smell like summer.

Summer is a giant breath in between long stretches of endless work. So I sip in a gallon full of summer air through my nostrils. It's hard to describe the smell of summer... I want to say it smells like strawberries, freshly mowed lawns and ice cream. Notice how all of these are food. Shows you what I do in my spare time. But anyways, I have noticed that I don't really have a smell for winter because I feel like I am holding my breath, waiting for spring, which smells like rain-filled air, sweet dirt and pollen. By summer, I am greedily stashing the smell in my lungs until nature forces it out of me and I reluctantly exhale. I smell whenever I can because I have the time to "smell the roses." Fall smells like leaves (duh) and jackets with zippers... and yes they do have a smell. But nothing smells as good as the scent of summer, because it means free time, relaxation, going outside without worries for a jacket or mittens, and the hope for a better fall. So smell the roses, because you can : )

2 comments: