Monday, May 18, 2009

time goes by, so slowly slowly. time goes by, so slowly slowly.

And the same hopeless banter goes on and on, running over my empty corpse with a truck of iron and molding my brain into what it should look like. Wanting it to end, but scared of what is to come next, I wait and linger, not beckoning time to go forward, but not setting the clock in reverse. Just sitting, staring, counting the individual ticks that make a splinter in my forehead everytime the resonating sound clicks on through my being. Fearing what it is to come, and running from what lies behind me. And so I sit in this twisted equilibrium of never knowing forward and reverse... just ticking.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.

2 comments:

  1. don't get too caught up in the ticks that you forget the tocks.

    ...keep it strong, summer's almost here!
    You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's deep.

    i think i hear a tock in the distance... haha.

    ReplyDelete