Sunday, September 18, 2011

broken in half.

pencil, trace my outline
because for once, thats all there is
nothing pulling at me
except for the inner chords that make up the one person i always have been
but too afraid to let her be
no one will know,
for no one can see
no one but me
for i live with the shame of all my lies and all my faults and all my wishes and all my endeavors and all my pride [fallen] until they

shattered

every last one
so here i am left with nothing to draw but
myself
whoever she is
not who she wants to be
for i am done putting my faith in things that crash and fall
my inner chords are sour, imbalanced, somehow off
now i will listen closely to my soul and not the whispers of others,
my own voice included
for she lies
but me
i am not complicated
i am simple
simply downtrodden and forgetful of my own experience



blank
open, two halves
write on me, savior

1 comment: