Monday, March 14, 2011

we beg for the unmoving, unchangeable.

welling up with happiness for the surrounding beads of light
that scatter themselves across the velvet of my life
drowning in a sea of absolute horror
as i realize the world is getting this much older
fading tracks of winter's ruts
find themselves,
comfortably,
residing in traces of lust
set aside like notes on a table
the special find their hearts have nothing to label
fifteen pictures thus document my life
1 of an ocean
and the rest are lost
left, without a trace
as my hair fades into the divets of my shower
flowing freely
lost forever

13 comments:

  1. Wow. That was beautiful. Am now following you from BPOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done.
    love the sentiments.
    welcome to poets rally..
    have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully well put expression of the desire to be ageless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the quiet beauty of your words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. its a gentle write, like an over flowing of love and devotion for oneself..

    here is my link: http://mypoetrywriting.blogspot.com/2011/03/pictures-of-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do at least for some form of stability, no more goodbyes but holding ons, is that really so hard to find nowadays! Enjoy the rally, this sure was a moving piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great expression katrina.. here's mine.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/wedged/

    ReplyDelete
  8. its like a realization i thought, that the world is getting older along with us too.. wonderfully versed..

    Here's My Poem For Poets Rally

    ReplyDelete
  9. great thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can't wash away the lust for life..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is full of images and packed with emotion. Not sure what is all adds up to, but, then, maybe that is part of your point. . .things change so much, we don't always have a way to make them add up. Very rich piece of work.

    I invite you to visit my blog and see my Rally entry at:http://elainedanforth.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/landing-like-a-cat/

    Happy Rally!

    ReplyDelete