Sunday, October 24, 2010

pin deeper than the puddle.

upon reaching this level of acceptance with the unknown, i laugh with the rush of the wind in the dying leaves



my story is a simple one, for i care not to tell



numbers mean nothing in the morning, swirling around 7, written on her all-knowing finger



that bike lying in the grass, quintessential symbol of our affluence



i ask myself why i cannot be like the others, as i wait for a pin to fall and shatter my calm reflection



and all these strings wander and twist, knot, loosen, fray, and fall into a heap as i laugh at the mess and attach it to my stringy hair



pearls in my ears, smile on my face, nothing in my eyes, and hands around love, i sit



waiting



for the pin to drop, the leaves to die, the curls to twist, the strings to unravel




i could never make bracelets, maybe that is why i hate camp
.

No comments:

Post a Comment