Friday, August 27, 2010

sore joints.

reactions unstirred, yet attentive to the things that i can
touch around me
sensory like a child
how to let yourself love so foolishly
squandering my well-being away with a kiss to a beautiful stranger who haunts my porch
and who's rumble-down engine fills my thoughts every time i see the jet black shine in the late afternoon
pools of oil on my white driveway
luster like a black; streaks of pink and
yellow
for we were not that simple
so the stains remain
and i scrub myself clean
living loud
so i can forget the sound
of your ego revolving around plastic rotation of a flimsy desire



let me be
so i can learn to find that beat within again
sans you
independently lifting cupboards far too heavy and keys too foreign
for my fickle fingers
and wrists askew

2 comments:

  1. i really like this and the words that you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This holds hurt in a cup of beauty and lets it morph back into something healed and new. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete