Friday, September 18, 2009

meet Confidence, my fickle friend.

Confidence... is a funny thing. it comes and goes as it pleases... knocking on your door when you happen to be somebody and leaving the second you gain a pound. you round the corner after a well deserved break only to find a mirror kindly reporting your bad hair day. liars say confidence isn't like this... but maybe they are the ones who's confidence never pays a visit to tell them they're beautiful, or that they don't need that to be perfect, or that they don't need to be perfect at all. confidence occasionally lifts my chin with a firm hand and meets me with it's sunny eyes. and sometimes i can greet them back. but sometimes sunny eyes just aren't enough.. or my eyes can only see the shadows the light casts across my face. but for now, i am fine. i wouldn't say i have issues, but as i said, confidence is a fickle friend. great when it's there, don't get me wrong. but sometimes my shadow is too long.

2 comments: