Monday, July 25, 2011

to kill a mockingbird.

for the sake of experience i will watch my life (once together and somewhat whole) fall.
to push my boundaries for the sake of feeling my world expand, i suppose. the world is
challenging me, but i will shrug it off and wait for
"experience" to knock on my door.
i suppose am playing hard to get with experience.
life is merely many strings woven together, some more memorable than others.
as if through a camera lens, or perhaps a picture frame,
i watch myself fall slowly
beautiful disaster
like my daddy told me
like my mother didn't scold me
and my gut forced me
to take the leap onto hard desire--but not different than
expected. expectations.
and i hear them murmuring downstairs, even though i think im doing pretty well.
asking me to leave, then holding me back with their big hearts and fragility,
while i am the one breaking.
smart or carefree?
living or existing?
i will watch the pieces slowly fall as i scramble to pick them up so i can throw them down.
letting go while my heart holds on



a coming of age novel

1 comment: