Sunday, April 17, 2011

snow white.

frankly, i'd rather not
but yes please
i hold your eyes with a dusty key in the shape of a dented heart

i've asked what i need
and you're the opposite of burns and forgotten fingers
yet still everything i should not

tainted mind in a church?
hell, here i come
but before i go,

at least i'll know that i have made my mark
red, mellow, raw, and lingering
my little eyes cannot hold much,

but your ever-fleeting attention
at least for a second
silent, drawing

when i wake up in the morning,
i pray that my heart will remain in my chest
and my lungs in a place where nothing stops their heaving

never have i wished upon a shooting star
mostly because i miss them
but because i don't believe in asking

so fate, my fickle, foolhardy friend
let you cruel trick end quickly
so i may rest back into the blue

and let this verse end softly
so as not to awake my silent reason
resting, waiting, watching

1 comment: